Thread: Invisibilty

Default Invisibilty

I caught permanent invisibility drinking from pools. Does being invisibile carry an experience penalty when fighting monsters? In reading the wiki its says no, but I feel like that is innacurate. Is there any way besides pools to get rid of it?

Wiki is correct in this case. It also has an accurate answer to your other question.

That seems super overpowered. Being invisible gives you a large offensive advantage without an experience penalty. The few instances where its a problem (shopkeepers) seems very manageable unless you get the condition early in the game. Am I missing something?

Invisibility is indeed a very strong ability. Some people find it annoying due to the way it changes monster behavior, but that's a very subjective "problem". In general, you don't get experience penalties for being OP; speed is the exception, not the rule.

I'm unaware of any content you're locked out from due to being invisible except the arena, which can be a significant penalty early-game.

Superoverpowered is the norm in ADOM. I once got a surge of power bracers of war in my first ten minutes of playing. Enjoy it.
    Idiots play in mysterious ways...

Sometimes rng lures you into these early artifacts - I once got skullcrusher and serpent's bite both in UD within 20 minutes of a new game. Died in HMV to a stone giant lord rock, thrown from outside of LoS.
    As for invisibility, I prefer temporary, on-demand one. Permanent has some subjective disadvantages - many times I want monsters to see me and come straight at me, while some monsters, which I'd prefer not to notice me, see through invisibility by default.
    I role-play to some extent and feel uncomfortable stealing stuff from shops, which is the default action when invisible and unspotted.
    High stealth is much more preferable than invisibility to me.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."